Sunday, April 5, 2009

I hate being put on the spot. I never know how to answer blunt questions that I'm not ready to talk about.

I had a Lay Training Committee at church today...at the end of the meeting, I was asked, "So, you are graduating in December, what are your plans." UGH. It is only April.

But, i realize that they have a right to know where my line of thinking is.

So, I told them that I don't know. No matter what I will need a full time job that pays me substantially so that I can survive. I would like to stay in youth ministry - but I'm open to where God calls.

Then we talked about Aaron and I - and how will that work, yadda yadda.

I didn't tell them that we've been talking in great deal about moving to Kansas City. I don't know how to say that yet...to much of anyone. I haven't even told my parents that - it will make them sad...and I will be sad to leave them. I will also be sad to leave the region and the area that has played such an important part in shaping my ministry.

I think this is part of why I am taking my HS group to Kansas City for mission trip.

Although - no plans are set in stone... but, this time next year... *sigh*

God works in mysterious ways - we'll just have to see what happens.

2 comments:

Harman Happenings said...

So I am guessing if you are talking about moving to a different state with a guy you are pretty serious! If the big "m" in the future?

Deb said...

I would definitely say the big "m" is in the future... =o)