I have the greatest youth in the world.
Today at church I did basically the whole service. And, they did a little service thing commissioning me as a licensed minister. It was really sweet - my dad even came up there to help and prayed over me. It was an amazing experience.
Anyway, I get to Chi-Rho tonight, and they are all being super secretive about something - not letting me walk into certain rooms at certain times. I knew something was up, but I just played along - getting upset with them at times when I felt like I should care about the fact that they weren't doing the activity. But, they did all come in for awhile to work on the liturgical dance we are doing in worship next week. They look so amazing. Seriously, I get chills every time I watch them.
Anyway - as we were leaving worship time, the kids ran downstairs as fast as they could but then told me that I wasn't allowed to go into the fellowship hall. So, I stood out in the hall for awhile, and one of my HS kids came into the hall to distract me while they finished their surprise.
So, I finally am told that I can come into the fellowship hall...and they had made a whole party for me! They set up one of those super old projectors (think HS... transparencies, etc.) and had written on there saying "congrats deb! we love you!" really big on the wall. They also made me a cake and had blown up balloons, and they got me a key chain as a present. They were so excited about it. They are too precious for words.
The mom who was there tonight helping made sure to come up to me and tell me that she had no part in it - the girls had planned it all themselves and worked all afternoon on making the cake.
I love my chi-rho girls. They are amazing and never let me forget why it is I love being called into ministry...
No comments:
Post a Comment