Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Even the best laid plans...

Yeah - I never made it to the gardens today. See...it all started with Anne made coffee here at the house. That means I didn't have to go to Sbucks because I have FREE coffee here. And I don't know what Anne does to the coffee - but seriously...she makes it so tasty!

I finished my homework in a timely manner - or what would have been a timely manner if I didn't get so distracted by Twilight Fic. I know, I know...I really should stop. But, its so fun to be in fantasyland for awhile. Believe me, you read enough Theologies of Religions and you need a break. Plus, I don't have any more chapters of Em's book...so I can't distract myself with her world - and Twilight fic is just so accessible. Seriously.

We have to post a question and our reasoning behind asking the question in my Theologies class every week. I kinda adore this class, I'm not going to lie. Reasonable amount of reading every week (no more than 50 or so pages)...and very thought provoking conversation. Anyway...my question for the week: "Does organized religion, in itself, limit God?" Ponder that for awhile. If for some reason that thought tickles your fancy - let me know your thoughts on it... I'll share if you do. =o)

I did, however, find a check for $100 written to me 4 years ago. That means I can't deposit the stupid thing...and I don't know how to get a hold of/don't care to get a hold of the person who wrote it. I never would have been annoyed had I never found the check. But I did...and now I want that money. Perhaps I'll do some investigating and mail the check back to the person with a letter that says "you asked me not to deposit this when you gave it to me...i realize its been 4 years and you probably never want to talk to me again, but I'd really appreciate it if you would send me a check I can now deposit. You weren't worth the money I gave you." Somehow though, I doubt that would be a very smart option. And, it's not a very nice thing to do. Instead - I'll just pretend that I did such a thing... and forget that I ever saw the check. I did keep it though...probably to torment myself about the fact that I should have $100. Doesn't matter that I long ago would have used the money. =o)

AAAAND...random: I made cookies tonight...ok, they were only break and bake - but sometimes the end of the evening warm fresh baked cookies are the best thing in the world. I'm just sayin...

Despite never making it to the gardens...today was quite a fabulous day...not going to lie.

2 comments:

KJack said...

yes...a warm plate of cookies is the PERFECT end to ANY day!

Emily Banks Gipson said...

I'm almost done with the completed first draft! You'll have it by Oct. 3...plenty of time to distract yourself!