Monday, September 22, 2008

I was looking for a poem that would say what I am currently feeling without me saying anything specific about myself. Guess that would be much easier if I knew exactly where to play my current emotion.

I plan to spend part of my afternoon tomorrow reading for class at the Botanic Gardens...by myself. I'm going to stop at Starbucks, and then head over with my blanket and book. I'm also going to take my journal and my SLR...with film. That's right, I'm going to go old school...I love shooting film. Digital is great, but there is something about film...a magic quality that you don't get with digital. Maybe part of it is the suspense of how the film will turn out....like waiting to see how God is working in life.

Part of my supervised ministry this semester I made a plan to better my personal prayer life. I wrote that I would do this something like 2 weeks ago, and I've only spent one day really doing what I said I would. Tomorrow seems like the perfect day to spend quality time with God. Perhaps that emptiness I feel will vanish, and relief and love and hope will replace it completely. I think a good afternoon alone with God is exactly what I need right now.

So many things are going so well in my life. I am challenged and I am pushed to grow. I am seen as a role model and a blessing. I am a friend, a daughter, a sister...
I am LOVED.

1 comment:

Emily Banks Gipson said...

You are loved. And you're kinda the best friend ever...so obviously God is doing something right with you...even if that means you abandoned me to live 1500 miles away.