Saturday, December 23, 2006

Bosnia?!?

OK, so I got this email yesterday from one of the professors at my school, and it was informing us about a trip to Bosnia for a couple weeks this summer. The trip is $2500, but $1500 is paid for you through grants. The remaining $1000 I would have to come up with myself. That of course, is assuming that I am one of the 8 people picked to go.

I want this. More than anything.

To me, doing global missions is just what I want to do. I find it so interesting when I tell people and I see their different reactions. They think its great that I want to do that, but they also think that I am a little bit crazy. Maybe I am, maybe wanting to work with children in horrible conditions qualifies me as crazy, but I like to think I'm just special. I'm special because God has called ME to be passionate about doing work with orphans in bad areas. Bosnia was never one of my first places on my list to go to do this, but let me tell you what, if this works out, I know it will be an amazing experience. Who knows, maybe it would open doors to me getting into Africa, Russia, Romania to work in their orphanages.

I just hope that when I apply, that I am picked to go on this trip. I can't think of anything I want more.

No comments: