
I know that sometimes goodbyes are necessary. Without goodbyes nothing would ever change. And without change life would be stagnant and there would never be any time to learn or grow as people, and as children of God.
Tonight I said goodbye to a very dear friend of mine who I have had the joy of working with for many years in youth ministry. Of course we will still be friends, but Sundays will not be the same without her around. She is one of the biggest inspirations in my life and in my decision to accept my call into ministry. Many tears were shed tonight from her, from the youth, and from the youth sponsors who love her dearly. Her presence and laughter will be sorely missed within the walls of UCC.
Sometimes our world spins into Chaos. In one moment the world changes. That chaos can come from anything. An accident, a birth, a death, a choice, graduation, starting a new school or job, a fight, the words to a song, a realization... But from that chaos, from the world turning upside down and no longer making sense...a time of peace will come, the peace has to come...if even for a moment, so we can begin to grasp the power of the change of that moment of chaos in our life. I hope you all find a moment of peace this week to reflect on the blessings in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment